Welcome to our fundraising site!
Thank you for taking the first step toward helping us to reach our goal!
As you may know, tuition only covers 70% of what it costs to be a part of the New Jersey Youth Symphony, a transformational orchestra program. As a nonprofit organization, our mission is to provide the best music education we can to all, including those who may not be able to pay. In addition to writing grants and hosting special events, each year we ask YOU—our students and families—to raise funds through the largest student-led fundraiser of its kind, the Playathon! This year's goal is to raise $100,000!
The funds raised at Playathon will be used:
• To provide tuition assistance
• To purchase and maintain musical instruments such as percussion instruments and those needed for doubling
• To provide the opportunity to perform in venues such as the New Jersey Performing Arts Center and Union County Performing Arts Center
• To provide high-quality coaches to offer an even greater learning experience
• To provide funds for ensembles going on tour. Last year the Youth Symphony traveled to Budapest, Hungary and Vienna, Austria and won 1st Place in the 11th Summa Cum Laude International Youth Music Festival and Competition! While members of the group pay a portion of the cost, the more money we can raise in Playathon, the more money we can put toward tours and special events for all the ensembles.
Please search for the child you would like to sponsor by clicking the "support a friend" button above! If you have any questions please contact Development Assistant Brenda Kohn at 908-608-3244 or e-mail her at Brenda.Kohn@whartonarts.org.
Thanks again for keeping the music alive at NJYS! We invite you to attend our Playathon fundraiser as all of our ensembles come together to perform as one at the Mills at Jersey Gardens on March 25th, 2018 at 1:00pm. We hope to see you there!